Thursday, April 7, 2011

sweet baby girl...

For those of you that know me, and my beautiful family, will know my precious girl "Lilla". Not that I want to boast or anything, but she is really such a wonderfully, thoughtful, human being and we are so very proud!!! Just tonight when my patience was frayed by our darling 3 1/2 yo, she took him and got his night nappy on, made a bed for his pretend guinea pig, filled his drink bottle with water, tucked him in, and turned out his light... She then came to me and said, "oh he is just so cute Mum", you would have been proud, he even used his manners and said "Thank you for making my guinea pig his bed". "But you need to say good night".
Of course I need to say goodnight, so off I go, and there is our beautiful boy sound asleep!
She is only 8 years old, but so amazing and has such a sweet heart. I mean, what 8yo realises that her Mum is exhausted and could do with a hand, well ours does. It's hard to believe that in only 8 short years she has developed into such a kind, compassionate, caring person.
I know as Mothers, it's very easy to fall into the trap of feeling like you are not doing a very good job, especially at times when you are tired and have no idea how to handle the next wave of situations that children can throw at you. Well this is one of the opposite moments where we can stop and look at the amazing little people that we have helped to shape. Again, she will have no idea of how she helps to support me... LOVE to you Lilla, I hope you know that I love you all the way to the moon and back!!! XO

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure how I missed this post but thankfully my Google Reader thingamy caught that I had missed it and told me to have a read ;)
    It bought tears to my eyes. She sure is one amazing little girl who is growing into a wonderful young lady. We all love you Lilla - especially your little three year old adorer who lives with me :)
    Then again, I am not at all surprised, you are a wonderful, amazing mother and friend xo

    ReplyDelete

Oh why thanks for popping by. It is so lovely to hear from you, so please leave your thoughts or links with Mama! Happy Days...