Friday, March 4, 2011

all creatures great and small...

Some people measure the greatness of their life by how much money they have, or how many possessions they own, or how great their career may be, or as sad as it sounds, but as to how many friends they have...
Well just the other day whilst going about my home duties, I too began to ponder on what my greatest achievement to date in my life would be, which made me stumble across this sheer fact of awesomeness!! Awesomeness, not sure if it's really in the English dictionary as a word, but it totally suitable for what I came across in my head...
I made totally amazing babies, all 4 of them to be precise!! Yep that's a functioning heart and lungs and all the other important fundamentals that you require to be a living human. I personally believe that so many Mothers underestimate how truly amazing a feat this actually is... It's not just bake in a Moderate oven for 1 hour here, it's 40 or so weeks of creativity at it's best...
And then, once created I fed them to the chunky size that babies should be, apparently for all of them, to the size of 25% of Australian babies!!
So the next time someone tries to make you question your existence, think about the wonders that growing and rearing a child can bring.
I will have this job as Mama Hick for life! No-one can make me redundant or cut my wages because this is a job that's paid with love, pride, and sheer satisfaction!
I know that your probably thinking well hang on a minute, you did not do this single handedly, so acknowledgements to my gorgeous punkins ( aka Cory) for planting the seeds of life!
This also leads me to realise how wonderful my life is...
May your day be 100% loved up! (with a little bit of sick and snot for good luck)
Satisfied Mama XO

1 comment:

  1. goosebumps and smiles for your lovely words mama hick.
    thank you

    ReplyDelete

Oh why thanks for popping by. It is so lovely to hear from you, so please leave your thoughts or links with Mama! Happy Days...