Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Mama's Top Ten School Holiday boredom busters revealed...

As the kids keep reminding me, there is only 13 more days until the end of School before Summer break.... Arrgggghhh!! Well to make sure that we don't get all cabin fevered and bored, I have been researching some activities that we could possibly do to help keep my sanity the boredom away!
Of course I turned to my trusty old friend Pinterest, to see what wonderful ideas other Mama's and Papa's have to help me out, and here are my findings of a few things that I think my 9, 7 & 4yo will enjoy!! No, I haven't misplaced the baby, but I will assume he will only eat anything given to him....


1. Homemade Chalk ~ Cannot wait to give this one ago, my kids love drawing with chalk, so I am sure this will be a hit.

Sidewalk Chalk (Homemade)


2. Tent ~ I just could not resist this, I have made a tee-pee for my little ones 1st Birthday & he adores it, actually so do the older kiddies, but this looks fabulous, and good way to keep him out of the sun. I think the bigger kids will also love this idea. I can already hear the questioning about sleeping outside on a hot night!! And why not??

Outside Tent for play


3. Branch Weaving ~ Isn't this just beautiful?? When I saw this, I knew it would definitely be added to the holiday list. We have loads of gum trees around, so branches will not be an issue, and most of us have that last little bit of wool left over on the ball that needs using. It also could take some time, so an activity that you could do bit by bit, in the car, camping, or just for some good old fashioned stress relief ! Good Lord, I may just need to weave up a few myself!!

Pinned Image


4. Rock Painting ~ Sweet little rock friends, I think that the kids could end up with a heap of these, you could do different animals and faces, but aren't these birds a gorgeous idea?

Owl rocks. Too CUTE


5. Homemade Facepaint ~ No explanation necessary!!

Homemade facepaint


6. Chalk Spray ~ Interesting, will let you know about this after we have given it a try!

Chalk spray!


7. Stick Painting ~ Cool, again no explanation necessary!

stick art


8. Silly Putty ~ How fabulous does this look, and I am sure the kids will love having this stuff around the house!

 Homemade silly putty!  FUN!!!


9. Marshmallow Building ~ Hmmm looks cool, but I am concerned for the safety of the Marshmallows!! Knowing my kids, they may eat the project before it begins!

Marshmallow kids craft


10. Colored Glue Suncatchers ~ Could be fun, again will let you know how I go!

Pinned Image


So there are my first 10 top picks to keep the kids entertained on the not so Summery Melbourne Days!! I would love to hear from you, if you make any of the above activities with your kiddies, or if you have any other fantastic ideas to keep the kids occupied!!
I will be popping back for some sanity updates and sharing our time with you...


Happy Holidays
MHxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh why thanks for popping by. It is so lovely to hear from you, so please leave your thoughts or links with Mama! Happy Days...