Monday, July 11, 2011

I think I have Mumentia....

I do not know about you, but sometimes I cannot get a damned thing right... I can remember that we need milk, right up until entering the supermarket, and to turn left at that road, that one there that I just passed..... What really does happen to our brains as we age or birth babes?? Is it because we have such an incredibly full to do list that our brain starts deleting things right from the top in order to keep on adding? Who would know, but what i do know is that it drives me crazy sometimes...

So you see tonight, as a surprise for the kiddies, I thought we could take them  to the movies... Ohh the excitement, late night 3D viewing of Cars 2 was on the agenda, screening at 6.45pm. Well that's what I had in my head anyway...... So I had checked the email and purchased the munchies to have there and re-filled the water bottles. There was nothing left to do but head on down to the Cinemas.

So when we drove into the car park, I did note that it looked rather empty, but thought to myself, well, at least if the baby cries, it will be no biggy (yeah that sounded OK) an then once we parked the car, I turned to the kids and said, "Well we are here now, who wants to go and see Cars2 3D?", Yep, it was unanimous, everyone (well not the baby) squealed with delight at the prospect of catching a flick at the big Telly.

With 4 kids, and a not so keen husband, we were movie bound!!! Upon entering the Cinema's I thought again, yes great still quiet, because it's always better without a full house. I waited my turn at the checkout, I was only 2nd in line, and truth be it, he was actually only purchasing a drink, but this did not elude me to what was about to happen next...

"Can I help you please?", "Oh Hi, could I please have 3 children's tickets and 2 adults to see Cars2 in 3D?" Yes a pretty standard request I would think at a movie counter. The girl behind the desk, whom will remain nameless ( she was not wearing a name badge, so we will assume she had not yet been given a name) looked frantically into her screen and back at us, and then back at the screen, and then proceeded " for what time would you like to see it?" and I start feeling horror and Derrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! simultaneously... so I reply "ummmm 6.45pm thanks". 'Nameless' looks back at the screen, and then at the kids, and their lolly bags, and drink bottles, and me with a baby on my hip, and his chaff bag , and my handbag and the kitchen sink...... and then it happened!!!!!

"I am sorry but we do not have any screenings of Cars2 3D this evening, that was last weeks schedule. Screenings for Cars2 3D will be Monday to Sunday 11.45am excluding Wednesday......." blah blah bloomin' blah

Ahhhhhhhh 'Nameless and her flippin' schedule schmedule.... so boring, always following the bloomin' rules!!!! I am pretty sure the kids had heard the devastating news (way worse than global warming at this stage). I could hear them, Mama, Mummo, Mummy, Mum, Rob, all calling out at me (not the voices in my head!!! my family). What do you do at this point???? May I just inform you that this would be the 2nd helping of, "I'm sorry we are not screening that tonight", which is how the kids ended up at the drive-in viewing Charlie and Boots ( I mean really, not even Valium could get them to sleep that quick!) ,but that's a whole 'nother bloggy thing.....

As we left the cinema's, kids tripping over their lips and splashing in Tully's tears, I saw 2 teenage girls do that "Orrrrrrrrrrrrr" thing, you know "Orrrrrrrrrrrrr". Probably when I got out of ear shot they said, "Dumb Ass", or something incriminating about me, I could just feel it...

So we softened the blow with Super Daddy offering to make Burritos, to which they seemed unimpressed, and the questions were flying about when we were going to really see Cars2..... "I am pretty sure she said 11.45am tomorrow, which would be much better". Ohh of course it would ya wacka, like what gets much better than here and now?????? (one could only try)

Driving home, I was still certain, well maybe not certain, but somewhere in between certain and maybe... that the schedule schmedule that I received on email did state that it was screening tonight at 6.45pm. WRONG!!!!!!!!! It took darling husband to point out that yes it was on at 6.45pm tonight somewhere on the Peninsula..... who cares now...

When did I lose my ability to read????? or is this the onset of Mumentia???? it's a real thing you know, I have proof, and now so do you...

Peace out baby!

I am on my way to make myself a cup of Poo!! oh that's right, we drink tea.. but seriously how much do the kids love saying Poo!!

Guess what????? What I hear you say..... We are going to see Cars2 tomorrow, well at least that's if I can remember!!!!

Nighty XX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh why thanks for popping by. It is so lovely to hear from you, so please leave your thoughts or links with Mama! Happy Days...